About St. Patrick Catholic School|
|St. Patrick Catholic School is a Preschool through Sixth grade Elementary School within the Harrisburg Diocese.|
Established in 1886, St. Patrick School is the oldest Catholic elementary school in York County.
The curriculum is based on the teachings of the Church. We are dedicated to maintaining a safe school environment that stresses strong morals, family values and academic excellence. Students who leave St. Patrick Catholic School have the skills and tools to be life-long learners, thus successful adults in both the Church and the workplace.
WHY MAKE ST. PATRICK CATHOLIC SCHOOL YOUR SCHOOL?
We are a faith community:
We are a service community:
- Students plan, and participate in Mass weekly.
- Students receive the sacrament of Reconciliation twice a year (Advent and Lent).
- Students participate in Religion class every day.
- Students pray daily.
- Students attend Stations of the Cross during Lent.
- Students are encouraged to model their faith everyday.
We are an academic community:
- St. Patrick Catholic School annually donates canned foods to the Food Pantry.
- St. Patrick Catholic School donates to the Pregnancy Center.
- St. Patrick Catholic School adopted Our Lady of Mercy School in Baton Rouge, LA in response to Hurricane Katrina. Our school donated 13 boxes of school supplies to students displaced by Katrina.
- St. Patrick Catholic School annually supports Catholic Charities.
We are a family-oriented community:
- Students average score on the IOWA Test in Grades 3 through 6 was in the 85th National percentile.
- Students actively participate in the Accelerated Reader Program.
- Students are assisted by LIU Act 98 specialists in Reading, Math, Speech and Seminar.
- Students consistently achieve above grade level in all subjects.
We are a well rounded, student-centered community:
- St. Patrick Catholic School is supported by an active Parent-Teacher Organization.
- St. Patrick Catholic School encourages parent volunteers.
- St. Patrick Catholic School invites all parents to attend weekly Mass.
- St. Patrick Catholic School hosts several family oriented days. (Lunch Buddies, Grandparents Day, Family Fun Night, Open House)
Students have opportunities to participate and experience:
- Student Council
- Chime Choir
- School Choir
- Individual Music Lessons
- Field Trips
- Junior Achievement
Copyright © by St. Patrick Roman Catholic Parish All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2004-01-15 (27038 reads)[ Go Back ]